Friday, August 1, 2008

In less than 2 weeks...

Okay, it is almost here, but at the same time so far away.

Laura’s first doctor’s appointment is in less than two weeks, on August 13th. I am actually taking a ½ day off from work so we can go and find out how our baby is doing. I’m sure everything is fine, but this is where the “worry” sets in and I am afraid something is wrong. But, statistically, everything is great and there are no problems, right? I guess I need some reassurance. I mean, I, myself, have never gone through this before… I mean, yes, so many people in both our families have had healthy babies, but when it is actually you going through the process it is a little, I dunno scarier!

Sadly, we won’t know what the sex of the baby is until December! Can you believe we are all going to have to wait until December to know if it is a boy or a girl? “That’s madness”, as Phoebe from Friends used to say! (You have to insert her freaky arm movements to get the full effect!) In the meantime, I guess all we can do is wait! I cannot believe I am telling myself this… someone who has the patience of a one-year old!!! Oh well, I guess that is just the way it goes!

Eventually, we are going to go over to this place in Towne Lake (Woodstock) where they can do the 3D/4D baby pictures… you know taking the pictures of the baby in the womb that makes it look like clay… I remember when my sister was pregnant with Everett we had to go all the way over to Alpharetta and now it is basically right down the road. Oh how times change… Well, here’s to waiting for two weeks!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can just see you in the waiting room. Pacing, jabbering away, asking the receptionist how much longer, visiting the vending machine, downing black coffee at this point- haha!

Anonymous said...

Congralations Guys- I can not believe it- You must have practice alot on honeymoons- No more Sandals for you- Just Beaches in a couple years

Way to go-
Love
trudie