Monday, October 27, 2008

A Friendly Boo...

This past Saturday my wife, Laura, and I were sitting on the couch watching a movie, I will not mention the movie because it would seriously impair my masculinity, but, it was for nostalgic and educational purposes, if you ever do find out what film it was. We received a phone call, on Laura’s cell phone; it was her cousin, Tori.

I reached over lazily and picked up Laura’s silver razor phone and flipped it open, nonchalantly, and said…


“House of insanity!”


HAHAHA,” Tori roared with laughter, “what are you doin?” she said.

“Oh nothing,” I said, making sure to hide the fact that we were watching a movie of questionable nature. “what are you up to?”

“Well, I was wondering if you two would be willing to be my partners in crime?” she said “I wanna go knock on some doors and run away before they answer!”

HAHAHAHA,” I, in turn, roared with laughter, “hold on a sec.” I passed the phone to Laura; I wasn’t sure how serious Tori was. Tori it such a sweet person, she is not the kind of person who follows the stereotype of redneck cultural acts as running up to someone’s door, knocking, and running away. When I was younger there was quite a derogatory term for this, but I will let you Google for it because my wife, mother and mother-in-law would probably skin my hide as well as possibly tar and feather me if I said what this is normally called.

Jeremy, Tori's husband, was watching a Georgia football game, so he did not want to go and participate, however, Laura happily obliged,

"it seems like a lot of fun!" she said. "Comon' over, we will see you in a little bit!"



"Wait, I said," Laura, hand me the phone... "Tori, are you for real?" I had no idea the extent of what Laura had heard her say about what we were about to do.

"Yes, but this isn't just knock-and-run," Tori said. "You have to leave a Halloween treat at the door!"



"Ooooooh," I said with a sigh of relief! Although, if we were going to just knock on the door and run, it would be quite out of both Tori and Laura's character. However, you didn't really have to sell me on it, I was just shocked Tori wanted to do it! LOL!

It all made sense and was coming together. Tori was the kind of person who would 'knock-n-run' if you were actually leaving something 'nice' behind. It wasn't like we were pulling a "Can't buy me love," (movie reference)where you knock on the door and throw a bag of poop at the door. I mean, first of all, that is kind of gross, secondly, this was in broad daylight and we were going to be doing this to her "friends!" Obviously, she would be anonymously leaving "cookies and candy" in the treat bags. How very Tori of her! LOL!

We only went by two houses, but honestly it was a lot of fun because the thrill of being caught we still there! And, trying to do all this safely with Tori's 15-month old son, Grant, in the back seat was a little unnerving, but we made it through. Grant loved it, he got a chance to see all the Halloween decor throughout the neighborhood. "Weeech!" he would say.

"Yeah, Grant, that's a witch!" I said.

"Weeeech"

So, lesson learned! Knocking and running at someone's house isn't always a bad thing!!!

Happy Halloween!

-Side note: Laura requested she not have her photo taken!-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a lot of fun :-)

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! I've never thought of doing something like this but I wonder if anyone my age could still run fast enough to get away with a little fun prank like this. I mean - leaving something nice - is that still considered being a prank? Anyways - loved the picture of Tori running like a mad woman! What a cool idea! Glad you guys had some exciting fun and I'm glad Grant is too young to know what he was an accessory to. LOL! And I just wonder what the name of the movie was. Hmmmmm....:) Billie

Mom said...

Okay! So I have just figured out how to answer. Fun is good for you! So glad Tori included y'all in her "prank"!